Re: Does Debian need a press office?

to, 2005-07-07 kello 13:38 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst kirjoitti:
> This sounds very after-the-facts to me: the press had to base its report
> on the statements that individuals make on mailinglists and blogs; what
> was needed was an official statement early, when it came appearent that
> there was a problem.

Not to belittle the fact that the project stumbled on security support,
but the press certainly did not have to rely only on web log entries and
postings to public mailing lists. They could have asked questions of
people. That is, in fact, what the press was traditionally supposed to
do: dig out the truth of the matter, not just repeat what someone else
has said.