Re: Shared library versioning

> That is just plain wrong. :-) With templates, you are supposed to
> provide the template implementation either in the header or in a file
> included by the header (convention is to name them .tcc and place them
> next to the header). The usual rule applies: Everything that does not
> generate code by itself should be in a header file.

Well I did say that : "The .h file has to include the .cc one in order for the
compilation to work."
Now if you decide to leave the code that I put into g.cc only the .h file, it
works too...

> Yes, so the ABI doesn't change in this case.

It doesn't, and the modification isn't very important so it isn't a problem. But
that was only an example, but the body of g can be modified in a way where it
could lead to a failure (because of the use of templates), therefore the SONAME
muste be changed so as to force usage of the new library.

Alexis Papadopoulos

envoyé via Webmail/IMAG !