Re: Debian Project Leader report for 2005-07-07

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 14:39 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> Sure. But I am talking about changes. Those are not made and then
> everyone is expected to abide by them. Instead, they are catalysed
> from common and proven strategies.

True enough.  But read the statement of the fact that policy maintainers
have wield power in the context of the report: it is not their purpose
to use this power against the collective wills of the developers, but
nevertheless, since they have this power, visibility and transparency in
this job are especially important.  Conversely, if what the policy
maintainers do were not transparent, the consequences could be
disastrous, precisely because the policy should be catalysed, as you
say, from common and proven strategies, and not be cabalistic dictates.

Ben