Re: HashKnownHosts

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 09:04:18PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst:
>
> > Some of us actually do care what is listed in that file, and edit it
> > from time to time. Hashing those names makes that much harder
>
> There should be tools supporting this, I agree.

There are tools supporting a default configuration without that crap
enabled -- text editors.

> > -- and relying on other people's security to increase your own isn't
> > pretty clever, actually.
>
> Currently, it's the foundation of Internet security, I'm afraid.

Well, then the 'foundation of Internet security' is very weak, I'm
afraid. It's plain stupid to rely on someone else to get _your_ security
working correctly. Think about it.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond