Re: C++ ABI change for etch -- freeze unstable for all C++ libs with changed or new sonames

Le dimanche 05 juin 2005 à 18:20 +0200, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> > Oh, great. I forgot that Canonical's business model is to use Ubuntu as
> > an upstaging area for Debian, so that we're always lagging behind. Will
> > the next development decisions also be taken by some Canonical staff?
>
> Yes. "Canonical" actually means "Cabal".
>
> There. Happy now?

Is the Cabal supposed to be the pendant of the Godwin point for
Debian-related discussions? We all know there *is* a cabal, since the
latest DPL election and that Vancouver proposal. Trying to shift the
conversation to a supposedly legendary topic is purely rhetorical, and
doesn't answer the question:

Are, as of today, Canonical and its employees the sole people
responsible for important technical and political decisions within the
project?

This is a real question, that deserves something else than "there is no
cabal" as an answer. Debian has succeeded so far as the project was
independent from any institution or company. If this changes, we're
going to a dead end.