Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

Michael K. Edwards(m.k.edwards@gmail.com)@2005-05-31 13:56:
> What is the point of, say, harassing the glibc maintainer to take a
> patch against the version in sid, when he's planning on jumping to
> 2.3.4 as soon as sarge releases?  If you want evidence on which to
> judge the sincerity of Ubuntu's "giving back", watch what happens
> post-sarge.  I'm optimistic, largely because the Ubuntu folks seem to

Okay - you have my attention.  If you are right etch will be as
beautiful as Hoary within a few weeks of the sarge release.

Oh my gosh, I hope and pray you are right.

We are all watching ...

Steve