Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:08 -0700, Stephen Birch wrote:

> Debian is quite well documented in most areas, but there is a ton to
> read.  Here is a good place to start
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Thanks.

> Genereally it is a good idea to contact the upstream developer.  Most
> are delighted to hear that somebody is planning to do the packaging
> work on their behalf.  Most times they will accept patches and try to
> incorporate your improvements into the package.  That is excellent because
> you don't have too keep patching with each new release from upstream.

I contacted upstream week or two ago, notifying him about debianized
wifi-radar. He said he would put package on website, but that didn't
happend.

> Why did you not use sudo?

I find wifi-radar.sh useless script. It's used only to start wifi-radar
as root. Instead of runing that script, I created .desktop entry that
will exec 'gksudo wifi-radar'. gksudo is much nicer than runing shell
script. But, you can allways open terminal, and run sudo wifi-radar.
It's same thing.

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782