Re: Debian Woody -> Sarge upgrade report

On 06-May-05, 15:21 (CDT), "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> There is no indication that if I change
> the config, the change will stick.

If you shell out, edit /etc/foo.conf to merge the updated from
foo.conf.dpkg-new (or in any other way), then return to the conffile
menu, then select 'N', your changes will be preserved.

> Simply put, a dhcpd config will always need to be
> modified to tell which net, subnet mask, hostnames, MACs, and so on,
> it needs to handle.

Policy explicitly says that using the conffile mechanism is
inappropriate for this kind of configuration file. Report a bug. Given
that we have UCF, there's really no excuse for this any more.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net