Re: Upcoming removals

Ari Pollak wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>
>>#287985: O: cantus -- Gnome tool to mass-rename/tag mp3 and ogg files
>>Reported by: Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>; 123 days old.
>>obsoleted by cantus3 which is packaged already
>

>>From what I can tell, cantus3 doesn't actually provide all of the
> functionality originally present in cantus.

And it won't either -- the upstream is unresponsive and seems to
have no interest neither in incorporating bug fixes nor in adding
features which the package formerly claimed to be offering[0].

I'd suggest to remove cantus3 from the archive if it wouldn't
have so many users (according to popcon.d.o) - there are better
tools for GNOME/GTK2 with same or better functionality[1].

[0]: formerly, 'cos I removed them from the long package description
[1]: e.g. tagtool, easytag, exfalso [from quodlibet] etc.

Cheers,
Igor