Re: Release update: debian-installer, kernels, infrastructure, freeze, etch, arm

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:50:53 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:17:54AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 04:52:29PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> > Why do you need to know about all transitions this month if Debian 3.2
>> > is scheduled for the end of 2006 or 2007?
>>
>> ... so that the release team can plan ahead a bit?
>
> It's funny that the release team needs to know about transitions for
> etch that might occur in 2006 now, while even the freeze date for sarge
> isn't yet announced.

It's also funny that people want debian to release so bad, and yet fight
the release team at every announcement.  I don't see a problem with
wanting to know as much about transitions and migrations in advance as
possible.  I'm sure there will be additional transitions/migrations that
come up during etch development, but the more the release team knows
about, the better prepared they can be to propose deadlines and release
estimates.