Re: debconf and locale specific characters

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 06:50:45AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I agree there's a (slim) chance of the charset changing between config and
> postinst, so recoding in the config script itself is best.

After thinking about it I don't think anymore it is that good an idea to
do that. If debconf asks the same question again it will have the utf-8
version of what was last input. Not really helpful in another locale.

Alternatively one could pump the encoded string into another template
but that's also a road I'd like to avoid.

Greetings

	Torsten