Re: gluck (cvs, people, planet, etc.) downtime - ongoing raid problems

Adam M. schrieb:
> Blars Blarson wrote:
>

>>>Name Server:SAENS.DEBIAN.ORG
>>>Name Server:KLECKER.DEBIAN.ORG
>>>Name Server:SPOHR.DEBIAN.ORG
>>>

>>spohr changed IP addresses last week, and the glue record returned by
>>the .org nameservers still had the old address when I checked a few
>>hours ago.  This has been reported to debian-admin.  (The new address
>>is 140.211.166.43)
>>

> Ok, but that should not cause DNS failure unless the old spohr address
> returned authoritative no such domain or the other two DNSes didn't work
> either.

You could be right, but when ORG-nameservers are returning NO glue record
as on last sunday night there is no chance.
It looks like these nameservers had lost their g-r's during update as
mentioned above. But why/how could this happen?

Christian