Re: why allow broken packages to get all the way to mirrors?

In article <[🔎] 87br8wvf1m.fsf@jidanni.org> you wrote:
> It seems there are only minimal checks, so developers can unwittingly
> upload broken packages.

Any numbers where you can proof your claim? Developers are required to test
the packages before upload, and I havent noticed any uninstallable package
in years.

> Even if the package is only "broken until tomorrow, whereupon the
> upload will be complete", that too should not be allowed to propagate
> to the mirrors until ready.

This cannot happen, what do you mean? Uploads are integrity checked.
Besides, thats what unstable is for, a package does not propagate to testing
or stable it has bugs.

Gruss
Bernd