Re: why allow broken packages to get all the way to mirrors?

On Sun, April 3, 2005 05:39, John Hasler said:
>> For instance, let's say we are a food company. Why not check to see if
>> the food is rotten before it gets to the consumer?
>
> That's what Unstable is for.

Why, if tests can be automated, do we have a need to go through the
process of spreading a package to mirrors, have people install it and file
bug reports by hand? (Often these reports are a day later already
out-of-date because it was just a matter of time.) Isn't one of our
strenghts that we can automate what we can so we can use our time for all
those tasks that are left?

Regards,

Thijs Kinkhorst