Re: How to find out why a package was removed from testing?

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:28:35PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
>
>> - its open bugs (one RC, but worked on)
>
> Right, but open for 47 days already. If for this amount of days an RC
> bug is open and nobody seems to have cared enough to fix it or even
> provide a patch, I think it's justified hinting it out of sarge.

You are probably right.  However, removing a package should not be done
without

- adding a note about this to the release notes (Is there a package or
  pseudo-package for the release notes now? I don't think so).

- Inform the maintainers of alternatives.  Since polipo claims to be "in
  the spirit of wwwoffle", it might even be possible to provide an
  upgrade path.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster