Re: Minimizing ld dependencies with --as-needed

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:53:27PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 01 avril 2005 à 02:34 -0600, Ron Johnson a écrit :
> > What are the opinions of d-d's of --as-needed?

> > http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=17287

> > According to this thread, the number of dependencies can sometimes
> > be slashed drastically.

> I'm moving all my packages to use it.

Please don't.  Last I knew, this option was still labelled *experimental*
upstream -- there's no possible damage that stray lib dependencies can do to
sarge that competes with the certain damage of having *missing* library
dependencies.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer