Re: what is /.udev for ?

On 10-Feb-05, 08:01 (CST), Frank K?ster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> > This does not excuse the fact that someone with (a) root access,
> > and (b) without the proper knowledge, went around rm'ing things.
>
> I thought Debian was a distribution targetted at a wide audience,
> including experienced server admins, and home users without any training
> or special knowledge.

Sure. But if one is just a user w/o training, then one shouldn't be
deleting random parts of the file systems.

Consider this:

"I don't know much about cars, just how to drive one. I looked under the
hood, and there were all these messy wires every where. I didn't like
the way it looked, so I cut them all out. Now my car won't start."

It's the *same* *thing*.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland