Re: eleventh-hour transition for mysql-using packages related to apache

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 09:49:31PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> > For what concern proftpd, it does not use libpam-mysql at all,
> > so I see no problem for that.
>
> Hello,
> Ehh. As maintainer of a PAM-using application you usually have no
> control which PAM modules are used. You just ship the application with
> a /etc/pam.d/foo using
>
> @include common-<whatever>
>
> and the *end-user* can (and probably will, if he installs stuff like
> libpam-mysql) change these defaults to use modules of his choice.
>                    cu andreas

That's clear. I did mean proftpd-mysql does not use PAM to authenticate
against mysql, it uses mysql API directly... Of course a PAM module
can be used by user, but that's not of interest for licensing
compatibility.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine