Re: should changelogs be in chronological order

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
One reason for
putting the entries in version number order rather than in
chronological order was so that debuild -v3.6.1-5 would close all the
bugs tagged fixed-in-experimental from 3.7.0-1 and 3.7.0-2.  To be
honest, I didn't investigate whether the right thing would have
happened had I gone in chronological order.

It seems to work fine, for reference. I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference between you applying security patch A then experimental patch B, versus doing them in the other order anyway.

Cheers,
aj