Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:31:14PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> It's completely irrelevant whether any free drivers exist.
> ndiswrapper's purpose is to provide an NDIS interface to the Linux
> kernel, and it accomplishes that purpose without the use of any non-free
> software.  Thus, it is perfectly suitable for main.

We have other software in contrib that depends on software
which is currently only available in non-free. Generally we have
included that software in contrib until a free equivalent is
actually available. (Though current main does include a few
counter-examples.)

Hamish