Re: LCC and blobs

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 11:33:21AM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:

>> Please suggest any case which you don't think this criteria adequately
>> covers.

> The bios.
> Unless, we decide that the bios we put in non-free isn't the bios we
> need to boot the machine.

On which architectures would we want to let anything declare a
Depends: on a BIOS package?  Granted, the only arch I'm really
familiar with is i386, but most of those machines come with a
sufficiently adequate BIOS in ROM that it would be rather silly for
most packages, including stock kernels and boot loaders, to declare
more than a Suggests: against an alternative BIOS. That would just
bloat the user's file system without gaining him anything.

--
Henning Makholm                             "Det er du nok fandens ene om at
                                         mene. For det ligger i Australien!"