Re: stable aliases for CD drives

On Dec 29, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > Some component of debian will have to install a rules file with static
> > aliases, and so far I think that this should be a task for d-i.
> > Comments and other ideas are welcome.
> What will provide this for systems upgraded from sarge?
Good point. So it looks like that this will have to be managed by an
installed package.
I do not expect to be pratical to do this e.g. at boot time, so we need
a script to be run by a catch-all rule for devices without an alias.

BTW, does d-i actually need the /dev/cdrom symlink at all?

--
ciao,
Marco