Re: Thoughts on Debian quality, including automated testing

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:11:57AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > The difference is who does the work.
>> I a well-team-maintained package, the work is actually done by "the
>> team", and decisions are made after finding a consensus solution in the
>> team.
>
> It's nice to know who the team actually *is* though; having a
> team.debian.org webpage or something where such things could be listed
> would be lovely.
>
> (So that you can tell if both/all the team is on holidays, if a response
> from someone is official, who to try talking to on irc to get an immediate
> response, etc; looking through changelogs, or mailing list archives
> is okay, but not terribly convenient, especially for team members who
> happen not to post a lot, or happen not to upload a lot)
>
> I really hate looking at packages maintained by a list because
> I never know who's actually behind it.

You are right.  Since I won't have time to setup and advertise a
teams.debian.org webpage, what do people suggest as a short-term
solution?  Should we agree on a standardised file in
/usr/share/doc/<package>, either an item in README.Debian or copyright,
or a separate file TEAM.Debian?

> (There's plenty of ways to make that not a problem, such as using the
> Uploaders: field; but the above might be a useful datapoint)

With the Uploaders field, you miss all non-DD team members, which might
be quite significant contributors and decision makers.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich