Bug#344771: ITP: spl -- SPL Programming Language interpreter and tools
Owner: Gerfried Fuchs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : spl
Version : 0.9c
Upstream Author : Clifford Wolf <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.clifford.at/spl/
* License : GPL
Description : embeddable programming language
SPL is an embeddable programming language with a wide range of features:
* complete stateful. It is at any point possible to interrupt
a running SPL script, dump its entire state to disk and resume
* feature-rich. SPL has native support for hashes and arrays, regular
expressions, object oriented programming, etc.
* dynamic. SPL is a fully dynamic language - with all the advantages
* c-style syntax. SPL has a c-style syntax (as well as many other
to get started.
* advanced string lexing. SPL allows the programmer to simply embed
variables and complex expressions in strings and template files. E.g.
this is very important for rapid development of web applications.
* well-structured backend. The SPL runtime is not just one big
blackbox. Instead, there is a clear and visible seperation of
compiler, assembler, optimizer, virtual machine, etc. This makes it
possible to easily adapt the library for your special needs when
embedding it in your applications.
* more, more, more,..
No, this won't become the long description, but I'll write that later
when I do the package for real. :)
-- Ryuichi Arafune, changelog.Debian for imagemagick (4:5.4.6-4)