Re: /run vs /var/run (was: Please test new sysvinit)

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Developers have been known not to be completely familiar with policy,
> but it's admins and upstream programmers that I'm particularly
> thinking of.

I don't see any problems arising from rampant /run use by _admins_.
They are always free to do what they want with their systems.

As for upstream programmers, most of them can't use /run because
their software doesn't run with root privileges.  Others can only
use /run insofar as Debian and admins let them do so.

So this brings us back to policy.

I don't think that Debian would ever be accused of lacking zeal in
enforcing its Policy.  :)

Cheers,
--
Thomas