Re: xmcd

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 the mental interface of
adrian told:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 15:40:46 +0100 (+0100), Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 the mental interface of
> > adrian told:
> [snip]
> > > Hi, sorry for not responding earlier, I've less and less time for
> > > Debian stuff as time goes by (busy).   There are substantial changes
> > > upstream in v3 - not least of which involves some distinctly non-free
> > > add-ons.
> >
> > Do you mean the cdda-gracenote stuff? mp3- and faacencoding can be
> > suppressed while buildtime.
>
> Yep.  I hadn't investigated it fully, just marked it as a concern.
> xmcd also seems to be a bit clunky cf some other players out there.
> OTOH I suppose it supports some hardware that others don't (jukeboxes
> mainly).
Hmm, to build the CDDB²  we have to use the only as binaries
available
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/download/cddb2supp/3.3.0/lib/linux-x86-libc5/cddb2supplib.tar.gz
but we won't ;)

The pure cddb as in versions 2.* is used by
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/download/xmcd/3.3.2/src/xmcd-3.3.2.tar.gz

so I don't see a reason to not upgrade the package yet?

Could someone please check xmcd from my small repos at

deb http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv binary-i386/
deb-src http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv sources/

It is build without lame and faac encoding yet, but why not?

Elimar

--
  Excellent day for drinking heavily.
  Spike the office water cooler;-)