Re: Size matters. Debian binary package stats

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:34:56PM +0100, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've run some scripts to find out the size of binary pakcages in debian
> and how theycould be made smaller, here's the results:
>
> http://www.linuks.mine.nu/sizematters/

FWIW :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Dpkg7Zip

Actual maintainer of dpkg is evaluating the possibility to use 7zip.
Even if the decision of using 7zip by default is far from being taken, it looks
likely that dpkg will at least start supporting it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com

Freexian : des développeurs Debian au service des entreprises
http://www.freexian.com