Re: Debian Installer team monthly meeting minutes (20051214 meeting)

On Sunday 18 December 2005 15:34, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 200512180956.49492.avbidder@fortytwo.ch> you wrote:
> > I hope this will be solved soon!
>
> use nameif.

This has been suggested before but AIUI nameif has problems/limitations
renaming eth0.

The correct solution seems to be to use udev rewriting rules to make sure
interfaces keep their name.

We will work on implementing this in Debian Installer before the next beta
release. Both Ubuntu and Marco d'Itri have offered to help with that.

For existing users we should make sure this issue will be documented in
the Release Notes for Etch. I'm filing a bug against release-notes as a
reminder.