Re: buildd administration

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:24:39AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Much worse, there are a couple of cases where we had to NMU the
> packages, either because the maintainers where inactive, or in one case
> because he said "no time here, just go ahead".  Except for this one case
> this couldn't have been done with the packages in experimental, since
> failing to cooperate with a package in experimental isn't RC, is it?

You can NMU for any bug in principle, not just for RC bugs. That's a
common misconception, but the Developers Reference lists nothing about
only RC bugs being candidates for NMU. Of course, on a typical BSP,
those RC bugs are the focus, but especially bugs that will become RC in
the future are worthwhile NMU candidates too.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl