Re: Solving recursive dependency disease in KDE-based packages

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>autoreconf ?

NO NO NO.  That does not work for these KDE-based packages, which is
the whole reason I said it was a pain in the neck.

>   Replace stuff like $(LIBFOO) with -lfoo, and get rid of stuff like
>
>Is not this used to find the correct libfoo in the configure script?

NO.  (Well, sometimes that's a small part of what it does.)
It's used to find all the things which need to be put on the link
line in order to link with libfoo.  Unfortunately it does this assuming
that all the recursive dependencies need to be put in.