Re: texlive-basic_2005-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Die, 29 Nov 2005, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I'd go further, by asking why there must be so many binary packages. Of
> course, granularity is good, but too much granularity only means
> confusion. When I install a TeX system, I want a working environment
> without wondering if I need to install tex-foo or tex-bar. That's why

Please read the thread following the ITP. If you want teTeX, install it.
There is no way that we can make one binary package for close to 1Gb of
software.
(ITP: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/06/msg00970.html)

The granularity delivered by texlive is generally considered an
advantage, but for those in search for a smaller solution with only few
packages, there is tetex.

> I know you're going to tell me there will be metapackages, and that I

No, there won't be. There is already texlive-latex-recommended and/or
texlive-latex-base. If you apt-get/aptitude install this, you have a
working system.

Best wishes

Norbert

JAWCRAIG (n. medical)
A massive facial spasm which is brought on by being told a really
astounding piece of news. A mysterious attack of jawcraig affected
40,000 sheep in Whales in 1952.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff