Re: possible freetype transition; improved library handling needed for all C/C++ packages

Le Vendredi 25 Novembre 2005 02:38, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > Try debian/patches/common/07_disable_no_undefined.diff from any of the
> > core KDE packages.
>
> Er... that doesn't sound like a good thing, why would you want to allow
> undefined references?

If I recall correctly, the -no-undefined flag was being used along with
--allow-undefined as an attempt to make all templates used by a library be
instantiated.  Unfortunately, that _depended_ on libtool's broken behavior;
without a full list of libraries, the link spews loads of undefined symbol
warnings.  (Back when I wrote the patch, the link would actually succeed
eventually despite all the warnings, but that might have changed since then.)

With the patch, KDE falls back to its old behavior of resolving this by
linking a fake object file against the library object files before linking
the libraries.
--
Daniel Schepler