up-to-date debian keyring with rsync (Re: dpkg-sig support wanted?)

* Steve Langasek [Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:19:01 -0800]:

> how arbitrary users are supposed to verify whether a given key is in the
> keyring.  The debian-keyring package doesn't get updated every time there's
> a key added or removed, and the web interface to keyring.debian.org doesn't
> provide any cryptographic assurances.

  Just as a side note other developers may be interested in knowing, the
  debian keyring can be synced via rsync. I personally like having a
  mostly-up-to-date copy of it in my computer.

    % cat /etc/cron.weekly/LOCAL-update-keyring
    #! /bin/sh -e

    cd /var/local/keyring
    rsync -rlptDq rsync://keyring.debian.org/keyrings/ .

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                               Listening to: Elton John - Too many tears