Re: finding the number of people subscribed to a bug

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> I know that subscribing to a bug can be done by sending an email to
> nnn-subscribe@bugs.debian.org. I would like to know if there is a
> way to find the number of people subscribed to the bug nnn? This
> could be useful for eg., to see how important a given bug actually
> is, how many people are worried by it etc.,
>
> I looked at http://debui.vlsm.org/Bugs/Developer but that does not
> give any information regarding this problem. Are there any other
> relevant links?

The current implementation of the bug subscription places the
subscription lists on a machine separate from bugs.d.o, so they're not
trivially available. In the future, it's possible that the number of
subscribers will be exposed... but it's not exactly a high item on the
todo list (at least, it's not high on mine.)

[Not to mention the fact that the number of subscribers won't
necessarily indicate the number of people who are interested in a bug
or its importance.]

Don Armstrong

--
Frankly, if ignoring inane opinions and noisy people and not flaming
them to crisp is bad behaviour, I have not yet achieved a state of