Re: Uploading amd64 packages

"=?iso-8859-15?Q?J=E9r=F4me_Marant?=" <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

>>> I guess so, but I haven't seen any status update about this.
>>> Are there even people working on it?
>>
>> Apparently so:
>>
>>   http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/2005/11/16#2005-11-16-dak
>
> So we need to give some bucks now, in order to get things implemented? ;-)
>
> Thanks to Antony for his dedication.
>
> However, wouldn't it be nice to setup a temporary solution for those
> who'd like to upload amd64 packages?
>
> --
> Jérôme Marant

And why would you need to do that?

[This might sound harsh but it isn't ment as critizism] Is the
inconvenience of having a i386 chroot on your amd64 to build and
upload packages too much? You should have a chroot for building
packages anyway so what does it matter if it is 32bit or 64bit?

Once the source enters debian the amd64 archive will pick it up on the
next dinstall run and the buildd will build the packages.

If you need more, e.g. to upload to stinkypete or in case of binNMUs
just ask in #debian-amd64 or, if it becomes more frequent, request a
ssh login to the amd64 queue.

MfG
        Goswin