Re: Uploading amd64 packages

* Jérôme Marant:

> Quoting Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>:
>
>> * Jérôme Marant:
>>
>> > Is it currently possible to upload amd64 packages to ftp-master?
>>
>> amd64 is not yet part of the archive.  It depends on the so-called
>> "mirror split".
>
> I guess so, but I haven't seen any status update about this.
> Are there even people working on it?

According to what I've heard, it's not so much an issue of "working on
it", but simply "doing it", i.e. something in the scale of a 30-minute
configuration change.

The mirror split is also a release blocker (see the last update from
the release team), so I'm sure that quite a few people are already
pushing towards a resultion.  However, as it is more and more common
in Debian, the people who care most about a problem have insufficient
privilege to implement a solution.