Re: CDBS and other build systems

Quoting "Ivan S. Dubrov" <WFrag@yandex.ru>:
> The problem is I can't find thorough documentation or some kind of "How To"
> there I can find how to write these extensions. Although they just simply
> pieces of make-files, I find it difficult to start understanding them. For
> example, the diffirence between "rule" and "class" are not very clear for me.

I like CDBS a lot and all my packages use it. Unfortunately, the
documentation is not very extensive. OTOH, the variables are well
documented in the makefiles, i.e. just read through
/usr/share/cdbs/1/{class,rules/*

Furthermore, there is
https://perso.duckcorp.org/duck/cdbs-doc/cdbs-doc.xhtml
in English and
http://www.ngolde.de/cdbs.html
in German.

Other things, I did: I looked for packages build-depending on
CDBS and stole from the debian/rules, and I asked "stupid"
questions on the CDBS hackers spam exploder: