Re: bug closing etiquette

Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> writes:

> Suppose someone has reported a bug that the maintainer can't
> reproduce, but the reporter can.  Is it reasonable for the maintainer
> to email the reporter and ask whether a new version fixes the problem,
> or is that considered obnoxious?

I think it's a reasonable thing to do.  It is what I do.

Anyone have a suggestion about what to do when the maintainer
can't reproduce it and the reporter can only reproduce it on one
of his machines?  I'm kind of stymied on #329333 for Autoconf.
No idea what the problem is here.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: blp@cs.stanford.edu