Re: real-i386

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:22 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Nick Jacobs:
>
> > You mean, it's seriously been proposed that a
> > significant amount of work should be done to restore
> > support for a processor that has not been manufactured
> > for 10 years?
>
> I think AMD still makes them.

If so, they've hidden it on their web site.  The Elan is called
a Am5x86 CPU, and I get the impression that the Geode isn't i386
either.

Companies *do* make them, though.  They are *tiny*, low-power &
*cheap*.  The 386SX is perfect for the embedded market.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Things have never been more like the way they are today in
history.
Dwight David Eisenhower