Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> >> Lets assume you have GPL-ed project dpkg. Any change to foo.c must be
> >> contributed back to the community.
> >
> > No, that's not true.
> >
> > Any *distributed* changes to foo.c must be contributed back to the
> > community. There's a major difference here.
>
> Not even that!  Any distributed changes must be given to the person
                                                  ^^^^^
> you distribute foo to.

Not even that. They must at the very least be *offered*.

[excerpted from GNU GPL v2]
3.b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years,
  to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of
  physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable
  copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the
  terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for
  software interchange

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((