Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 12:46:47AM +0200, Rolf Kutz wrote:

> The admin should know whether he messed with the
> account and if he did just remove the package
> instead of purging it. It's not like packages get
> purged by themself.

Messing with the _account_ is not the same as messing with config files.
Give me a dpkg option that removes all config files but still leaves the
account alone, and I'll be happy.

You can at least see _some_ of the config files that will be removed
using "dpkg -L" but there is no way to get a list of users/groups that
will be removed by --purge.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences