Re: Dummy packages and metapackages (call for consistency in the descriptions)

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005, Andreas Tille wrote:
> does not fit into the scope they would give the name "meta package".

Well, I'd expect meta packages to have nothing on them and I'd be surprised
to find relevant data inside them.

If you have to keep that "meta", you'd better do some work on the package
descriptions to make sure they make it very clear that the package has data
inside it (other than packaging metadata, that is).  This avoids bad
surprises for others like me, that are used to meta-packages being packages
of packaging system metadata only.

  Henrique Holschuh