Re: postinst scripts failing because a new conffile wasn't accepted: Is it a bug?

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 18:56 +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Because one of the changes in the new version was crucial for the
> function of the program, the postinst script fails to initialize it, and
> the whole installation process fails.

Would it be possible to modify the program so that it is more robust
with respect to this specific configuration setting? What kind of
setting is it that causes the program to fail where a previous version
appearently worked? It would sound to me like the solution that serves
all in the best way.

regards,
Thijs