Bug#336210: ITP: ihu -- Voice over IP (VoIP) application for Linux (using Qt)
Owner: Andrea Capriotti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : ihu
Version : 0.5.1
Upstream Author : Matteo Trotta <email@example.com>
* URL : http://ihu.sourceforge.net/
* License : GPL
Description : Voice over IP (VoIP) application for Linux (using Qt)
IHU creates an audio stream between two computers easily and with the
minimal traffic on the network.
The main features are:
- Peer-to-Peer: the communication takes place directly between the
computers, without need of session protocols (such as SIP and H323)
or other servers in the middle.
- UDP/TCP support: IHU supports both UDP and TCP, with the possibility
to choose UDP, for fast and easy connections, or TCP, if it's the only
solution when your computer is behind firewall or NAT.
- Good audio performance: IHU was born to give the best audio performance,
low latency above all. For this purpose IHU is compatible with ALSA,
now the default Linux sound architecture, but also with JACK, a low latency
sound server. For the audio compression, IHU uses Speex, a codec optimized
for speech (and completely free and open source).
- Crypted stream: you have also the possibility to Encrypt/Decrypt the
stream using a fast hybrid cryptographic system (RSA + Blowfish)
- Command-line support: the GUI is not strictly necessary, you can run
also a textual IHU from command-line (for example if you need to run the
program on remote computers).
- Free and Open Source: IHU is totally free and distributed under the
terms of GNU General Public License.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (100, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.12-1-686
Locale: LANG=it_IT.UTF-8@euro, LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8@euro (charmap=UTF-8)