Sorting source packages to reduce build effort

Hi,

As you may know, I'm working on i386-uclibc arch. And I'm finally
starting to build the base+build-essential packages. At this moment I
have a list of 87 source packages (not counting these packages
build-dep) that must be built.

The question is: Is there a way (I mean, already implemented) to sort
the packages putting the most used and less dependencies on the front
and showing wich packages needs to be installed before the build can
start? (I have a gentoo-embedded environment, so I can emerge the
build-depends for the most important packages).

daniel