How can I help debian?

Hi there,

I was planning on purchasing some HD's and hardware to make a release mirror
or a apt-get mirror for Debian users... you know, to be of some help like
others have done.

Because of my limited bandwidth, 1mb/512 or 2mb/1mb I was thinking that I
could do a local mirror for my country (Costa Rica) to provide releases of
Debian Full CD's or for an apt repo. Maybe Sid's?

Sorry for asking here, I have no idea where else, (I could actually browse the
whole mailing list directory for a better place, but maybe is OK here.

What is maybe more needed to give, a mirror for release or for Sid?
How many GB or TB would be needed to make a Sid mirror?
Can this be done by putting a cluster with 2-3 P3-512MB RAM systems? Should I
better use a Dual-Core system?
Is more hardware needed?

What other service could I give to the local or global Debian?

Thanks for your time.

.Alejandro