Re: udev and Logitech mouse applet

On Oct 17, Christopher Martin <christopher.martin@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> > BUS="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}="c025",
> > PROGRAM="/usr/bin/lmctl -8 --sms"

> The problem seems to be that udev runs lmctl before the usbfs entry
> corresponding to your mouse has been created under /proc/bus/usb. The
By design. The correct rule would be:

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="046d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="c025", \
	RUN+="/usr/bin/lmctl -8 --sms"

> I worked around the issue by borrowing an idea from libsane, namely adding a
> loop that checks for the existence of the /proc/bus/usb entry before making
You should have asked for help instead of adding this crap to your
package. :-(

> This problem also breaks coldplugging for cameras operated through
> libgphoto, possibly scanners and libsane (#334068), and likely other
I had no time to investigate this bug yet, but it's supposed to work
fine.

--
ciao,
Marco