Re: time seen at top of /var/log/boot

I installed two Debian sids on separate machines. They work fine.
My only curiosity is what I see with grep Clock /var/log/boot.

> The final time is correct Taiwan time, but the initial time is an
> unworldly GMT+16.  My BIOS is set with my local Taiwan time.

< As Taiwan is GMT+8, it looks as if the initial time is your
< system time interpreted as GMT and corrected for Taiwan timezone.

Ah. Hmmm I bet Tokyo Debian users have GMT+18 then.

< Do you by any chance have UTC=yes in /etc/default/rcS?

UTC=no

I Wonder what other east of GMT, BIOS set to local time users see with
grep Clock /var/log/boot.