Re: localhost.localdomain

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 10:47 +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> OK, I have modified netcfg so that it writes
>
>     127.0.0.1	localhost
>
> to /etc/hosts.
>
> >From now on let's consider at least the following two phenomena to be
> bugs:
>
> * The application expects to be able to resolve 'localhost.localdomain'
>   to an IP address.
> * The application breaks if 'localhost.localdomain' is included on the
>   127.0.0.1 line in /etc/hosts.

Fantastic!  Might I add that it is *not* a bug for an application to
expect resolution of 127.0.0.1 to return localhost?  That is, localhost
shall precede any other aliases in /etc/hosts.

Again, thank you.  Attention to detail is quite important; in this case
detail is the location and/or existence of a mere 21 bytes.

-Jeff