RE: Developing a kiosk type system - advice needed

Yes, you're right about suspend2 - I figured if I mount most of the
filesystems ro, then create the writeable ones each time from static images,
I shouldn't have issues with corruption - right?

>>Part a is a bit tricky, but should be solvable.  Part b sounds like a
> about a) an partly b): would suspending (S4) to a swap file once and the
> always resume from that without overwriting it reach the goal?
> Note: never tried it.

this could be possible, one should however be careful about the file system,
since the suspended image might contain information about the status of the
system that does not longer hold true (at least with suspend2). Mounting
most of
the file systems ro permanently should however solve this problem.

best regards

- --
Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)